After a while refreshing with a post "from a different topic now refocus on the topic of fish. Previous stage we have discussed about the requirements for the location and how to choose good breeders. In this thapan I will discuss on how the breeding of catfish. Breeding methods we will study this time is the entry level of spawning method (traditional method), but do not worry even though the method still beginner stage but with a genuine business results obtained seed will be plentiful. The method that I have to say here based on some references that I learned and also based on breeding practices that I have done.
The steps we need to do include:
- Selection of sires, sires to how elections could be seen on my previous post. Pick a breeding male and one female tail which is really in accordance with the criteria that I have to say. (For certain circumstances such as breeding females that are too small then you can change the ratio of 1 male: 1 female to 1 male: 2 females).
- After the selection phase is completed enter the broodstock catfish in ponds that had been given kakaban (can be fibers, palm leaves or even tile soil) and filled with water of about 30 cm. Make the process of selection and placement in the pool in the afternoon between the hours of 3 to 5 pm (this is intended to allow breeders to adapt to his new environment terhadapa night before spawning day.
- Spawning process will occur in the period between midnight until early morning. To keep in mind during the parent was in the pool spawning catfish do not feed as it can memcu stress.
- Let the parent catfish during a night on the spawning pond and you can check the pool at about 5 o'clock in the morning until six o'clock. if successful spawning process will seem small granules creamy attached to the fibers. Usually each broodstock catfish healthy and good will mengelurkan eggs between 20,000 to 30,000 eggs per kg body weight females.
- The next step is taking broodstock from the spawning pond. Intake of breeders can use seser provided as calm as possible so that breeders do not do a lot of movement that can damage the egg in the vicinity (there are several methods that allow breeders males remain in the pool until a certain age, but the method that I practice is to capture all sires)
- Parent catfish that has taken the place in a separate pool (do not dicapur with other catfish broodstock). That is because the spawning process requires considerable energy, so the parent catfish in a weak condition and risky attacked by other catfish broodstock.
- Back on the eggs that are spawning pool. Catfish ponds containing eggs should begin to be running water to supply oxygen to the water (because the hatching process requires oxygen, it is also the underlying water for spawning only 30 cm so that the diffusion of oxygen from the air can help the process of hatching.
- After 1-3 days usually catfish eggs will begin to hatch into larvae that colored transparent catfish. hatching process will take place gradually takes 2-3 days
- After the incubation process is complete you can take kakaban located in the pool by way of making a little shaken "it so no catfish larvae attached / carried dikakaban (kakaban making necessary so as not to arise against the fungus that causes the larvae attacked kakaban and mushrooms)
- Catfish larvae have hatched do not need to be fed until the age of 4 days because the range in the span of the availability of food for the larvae are still dipenihi by yolk (egg yolk) from the larva itself.